The mix of our Madrona Smoked Sugar and Hot Cakes’s Whiskey Caramel Sauce was a revelation for me; the smoldering smokiness of the sugar perfectly compliments the ridiculously rich flavor of the caramel sauce, which is bitter, nutty, spicy, and so distinctly rye-whiskey. The grown-up flavor profile so easily elevates some of my favorite childhood treats, and that makes both of these super simple recipes my go-to for 5-minute desserts!
Smoky Whiskey Banana Split
- 2-3 scoops of your favorite Vanilla ice cream
- 1 banana, split down the middle
- A light drizzle of Hot Cakes’s Whiskey Caramel Sauce
- 2-3 Orasella Maraschino Cherries, plus a teaspoon of juice for garnish
- A sprinkle of Madrona Smoked Sugar
- A pinch of Madrona Smoked Sea Salt
Split your banana equally down the middle and layer all the ingredients in a large bowl, beginning with the banana and ice cream, and ending with a pinch of Madrona Smoked Sea Salt. I like to add a small pour of the Orasella cherry juice on top of my vanilla ice cream too, to elevate the spiced flavor! Dig in and serve immediately!
Whiskey Caramel Apple Slices
- 1-2 Apples (we recommend our favorite, Cosmic Crisp, but use whatever you’d like that has a strong crunch!)
- A hearty drizzle of Hot Cakes’s Whiskey Caramel Sauce
- A sprinkle or coating of Madrona Smoked Sugar (depending on how sweet you’d like them to be!)
- A pinch of Madrona Smoked Sea Salt to marry the flavors and soften the sweetness
Cut apples into equal slices. Pour a hearty drizzle of Caramel Whiskey Sauce on top of apples and give them a quick toss, followed by a sprinkle or coating of Madrona Smoked Sugar, and just a pinch of our Madrona Smoked Salt. Serve immediately, so apples stay crunchy and caramel doesn’t become too soft. Voila! A great after-dinner dessert is instantly born!
Let us know which recipe becomes your 5-mintue go-to! What else can you imagine a drizzle of Whiskey Caramel and a sprinkle of Madrona Smoked Salt and Madrona Smoked Sugar instantly elevating? Let us know and stay salty, folks!